Sunday, August 21, 2011

VACATION!!!

***WARNING***Picture overload ahead :) We have been back for two weeks now and I can't seem to find my groove...I miss these faces too much. It was the first time we had all been together in five years and we definitely made up for lost time.

You may notice Kyle is not in this picture...the boy CAN NOT sit still!


We were able to stay with my sister for a couple of days and her in-laws were so nice to let my kids take a spin on the four wheelers. Don't let Abby's face fool you...she LOVED it! Uncle John let Emma drive!!! She could not stop talking about it all the way home.



Kyle did not want his turn to end. He kept saying "I got to ride the tractor!"


I am pretty sure he would have been happy to sit and pretend on it all night long.


Ashlyn was my buddy the whole vacation but it had nothing to do with me and everything to do with baby Zac. Any time Zac was awake she was right by my side asking questions and doing everything she could think of to help.

Ava also loved holding baby Zac. You can tell she is a great big sister.


I think Viviann was just happy to have someone smaller than her. She was very sweet with Zac.


I don't even remember what these things were called but Grandma told the kids that if they got the ends wet they would stick together. It did not take Abby five seconds to realize that they stuck to more than just each other.

Everyone else had to get in on the action too.

We took the kids to get lunch at the elementary school one day and it was Kyles favorite...hot dogs and chocolate milk. The little kids really liked being able to eat in the cafeteria and the moms liked not having to make lunch.

The kids got to put on a play with Grandmas help. Emma got to be the monkey queen.

The costumes were awesome and the kids did great remembering their lines.

After the play the audience was treated to some songs.

Another night we played Minute to Win it and even Kyle got into the action. He is trying to balance dice on the end of a popsicle stick.

Some serious competition between Grandpa and...

Grandma. Those pesky golf balls did not cooperate very well.

Trying to get the Oreo into their mouths. Kyle though this was REALLY silly and just put the cookie right into his mouth.

Tissues out of the box with one hand...tougher than it looks.

Stacking chap stick with chop sticks...very tricky even with steady surgeon hands.


The grand kids got to do some golfing with Grandpa. Emma turned out to be a natural and was sent home with some clubs to practice with.

I love this picture...especially the clubs falling out of Ava's bag and she has no idea.




He was a little bit dangerous with a club, but he did finally manage to give the ball a whack.

We had lots of fun with the fire pit. Notice the size of those marshmallows!!!

It took a while to toast those monster mallows and they were overly sweet for me but what they lacked in taste they more than made up for in...

STICKINESS!!!

Fire, a stick, sugar, and Grandpa! The perfect combination. Kyle actually did not like the sticky marshmallow but he loved his chocolate gram cracker sandwich.

More messy goodness.

Even Grandma had a tough time containing the goo.

Big enough to do it on his own!



We had an unbirthday party complete with a water balloon launcher. The kids were really getting some great distance.

Kyle thought that this was AWESOME and become the water balloon loader.

Abby had great form!

Here Trevor and Bud are reminding us all just how mature they really are. They are seeing how many grapes they can fit in their mouths. I think they got up to 24!

We took a drive up to Sandpoint to see Darbye and Lyle's cabin. The kids loved throwing rocks into the pond.



Catching some serious air.

Before we made the drive back we ate at Mick Duffs. Yummy!

Swimming in the lake was a favorite passtime even if it was COLD!

Abby taking the plunge.

Taking a break to warm up on the sand.These guys were not outdone but their kids...they jumped in too a litte later.Muscle man arms! He got in too. I don't think kids can feel cold!





There goes Trevor.

I could not be shown up by my kids and my husband so I jumped in too...twice! The first time with Heather but I can't get those pictures to load and the second time with my sisters.It actually was not as bad the second time!Glad I had great people to encourage me.




The kids made monster shirts with Aunt Heather who has a gift with puffy paint. Here is Kyle's.


Abby'sEmma'sWe had great intentions of doing the Mudgey and Miley trail but settled for just one stop because it was HOT and we were tired. My kids have had this book for years so it was fun for them to actually see the statue.




Abby loved being able to sit in his antlers.

Kyle did not want to get down! He though Mudgey was way cool.

We went to Silverwood which was lots of fun. This is the only picture that I have of the girls because they did not want to stop moving from one fun thing to the next.

They waited in line for a while for this one but Emma informed me that is was "totally awesome" so I think that it was worth it. Abby went on it too. She found a new sense of bravery here and even rode her first real roller coaster!

Proof that I was there too!

This little guy loves water as long as he is in control. He does not like to be squirted or surprised in any way but give him the hose and he will soak anyone in range.

He really did not like this slide becasue at the top there is a sprayer that gets you as you go down but he did it a few times for the camera. Our last day was spent taking family pictures in the morning and then we got to go to a Trash Can dinner. I was not sure about the whole idea but it ended up being a lot of fun. Karina and her family came and brought my Mom and Dad so that only added to the fun.There was a steep hill to get down to where we ate so the host used this to bring down all the supplies. Kyle thought it was the next best thing to his "tractor" that Unlce John let him drive.



My Dad with his son in laws.

These kids had no problem entertaining themselves while they waited for dinner to be served.

Here is how they cooked dinner.

Most of the gang waiting for the food to be dumped.

I guess they usually dump it on a huge tarp on the ground but since there was a dog around they decided to dump it on the table.

Abby thouught it was worth the wait! (Abby got glasses while we were on vacation and a hair cut...she aged five years right before my eyes.)

The Dad's waiting their turn.


What a cute bunch of kids. It was a great way to end our vaction. We are so glad that we got to see so much of our family and just enjoy being together. Lets not wait another five years!!!

4 comments:

Karina & John Calderwood said...

It was SO fun to have you here! Less than 3 years to go!

Porter Family said...

There's no way I can wait for 5 years. I love you too much! :) You forgot the picture with Kyle and my drink. Pretty sure Darbye took one, I'll have to find it. "Mommy, I YIKE this!!!" You and your kids are so fun. Thanks for entertaining Ashlyn. :)

Marilyn & Steve said...

GREAT commentary, Tamar! We should all download your post for our journals! (yeah, if I only knew how to do that....).
It was REALLY fun to have everyone around. And you are right - no more waiting 5 years to do it again! Start saving for next year!
Mom/Gramma

jor johnson said...

There is too much to comment on from this post so I will just go with....GLAD it was such a great vacation! You guys deserved it!

and I can't believe you ate out of a garbage can!