Playing a little football. It was an awesome day and it helped me remember why people put up with the scorching summers. A beach day in January is totally worth it. We had a great week and can't wait form our next vacation with Trevor. Maybe next time I won't make him work so hard :)
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Vacation Week
Last week Trevor had his first week of vacation. We were trying to save up his time for when the baby comes but he was told he had to take a week in January. At first I was really upset about it but I am really glad that it happened the way it did. The whole family REALLY needed a vacation. We are already looking forward to his next week off.
Although Trevor was on vacation the list of things to do around the house that I could not do myself was LONG. He was so good about checking ALL the things off my list with a smile on my face. When I apologized for making him work on his vacation his response was "I just like being with my family." One of the other residents asked him yesterday if he ever gets tired of having to go home to a family. He asked him if he ever wished that he was single again. Trevor's honest reply was that he loves it when the kids hang all over him. It makes all the work he does everyday worth it. He is such a great husband and dad. Just a few of his many jobs last week include, replacing our back screen door, fixing the sliding glass door so I could actually close it without having to use both hands, fixing Kyle's crib from all the jumping that little monkey does in it, taking down the Christmas lights, weeding the back yard which included taking lots of bug infested ivy off our back wall, cleaning out all the junk in our garage left behind from past tenants and killing lots of spiders. He ran all my errands with me, helped with homework and school pick up and played with the kids.
Kyle really enjoyed having his Dad around. This week has been tough because he misses Trevor. I came down stairs one day and this is what I saw. He stayed in this position for over 15 minutes which is huge for this busy little man.
We did manage to do a few fun things with our limited budget this vacation. A couple of weeks ago we saw an episode of Man vs Food from downtown LA. The French Dip sandwich place looked amazing and my pregnant taste buds would not let me forget about it...so we made the drive down to Philippe's.
The inside of the place reminded me a lot of a place you would find on the east coast.
The sandwich did not disappoint. I only wished that there was more of it! They dip the whole sandwich in their famous sauce and you can ask for a single dip, a double dip, or a wet sandwich. I only did one dip and I think I will try two next time. They also serve it with this SPICY mustard. I was so spicy that it makes your eyes water and your nose run but it is so good. The spice only lasts for a few seconds, instead of lingering so it was perfect!
Enjoying his first (I am sure that it will not be the last) Philippe sandwich.
We also had perfect weather so we took the kids out of school early on Friday and headed to the beach. The water was still COLD but we all had tons of fun just playing in the sand.
I did bring clothes for this little man but about 5 minutes after we got there Kyle had a blow out! He did not seem to mind running around in his diaper.
Playing a little football. It was an awesome day and it helped me remember why people put up with the scorching summers. A beach day in January is totally worth it. We had a great week and can't wait form our next vacation with Trevor. Maybe next time I won't make him work so hard :)
Playing a little football. It was an awesome day and it helped me remember why people put up with the scorching summers. A beach day in January is totally worth it. We had a great week and can't wait form our next vacation with Trevor. Maybe next time I won't make him work so hard :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a great week! I'm so glad you had your hubby home for a little vacation. The sandwich looked delicious and reminded me of the East coast too. :) I love the beach pictures. Kyle is adorable- you can just feel his little personality by looking at the pictures. :)
What a great post!! Miss you lots!
I am glad you had a great vacation week. I am jealous that you live by the beach. How are you feeling?
You are blessed with an amazing husband. I'm glad that you guys enjoyed your vacation. And I'm jealous about that sandwich! I saw that episode and was drooling...you've brought back many tasty daydreams.
looks like California is treating you nice. Real nice! I saw that Man vs. food episode and that place did look tasty. Maybe I'll have to try it out next time I'm in LA.
Yea, I'm just a little bit jealous of the weather you guys have. Just a little bit :) Gla dyou had just a great week!
Sounds like the perfect staycation!! Trevor sounds like a trooper for doing all those around-the-house things. Maybe he can talk Jon into devoting a few weekends to that.:) LOVE seeing the pictures of your kids!! We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment