Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Eve

We had a wonderful Christmas! It has been a long time since we have been around family for the holidays. Hanging out before dinner.
Trevor had to work Christmas Eve during the day so my family made the drive out to our house to celebrate with us. Trevor made it home by 5:30!!! and he even said that the attending was apologetic that he had to stay so late. Oh how I am going to miss anesthesia!
Growing up my Dad's side of the family celebrated Christmas with lobster and spaghetti. A couple of years ago we started the same tradition but soon found out that our girls were not big fans of lobster. Last year we tried steak and lobster and it was a hit so we pinched our pennies this month and feasted Christmas Eve. Emma even took a bite of the lobster and said it was okay! Let me just say it was WAY better than okay. Trevor gets better at it every year and it was so nice to be able to grill our steak outside in December!
After dinner we read the nativity story and sang songs. I have to say that this is when I started missing our friends and having lots of kids around to distribute parts to but we still managed to pull off a pretty good story. Here is my Dad acting as Mary's donkey. Mary had some trouble staying on but I thought that it was pretty realistic.
The treadmill made a pretty good stable and Emma was an excellent Mary.
Abby loved being the angel and Trevor and I were decent shepherds. It was a great way to end the evening. The Spirit was strong and it was nice to be reminded of why we celebrate.
The kiddos ended the night with opening the Christmas jammies and actually went to bed really well. Kyle got jammies too but I was a horrible photographer this year and there are lots of things I missed. Take my word for it, he was CUTE!

2 comments:

jor said...

I love your couch pillows!!! They are very cute and looks so comfy too. Where did you get the pillow inserts? I bought one at Joanns not long ago and it has gone all flat and lumpy already. Ben hates it.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

That post made me miss you guys SO much.