Today the girls were in our wards Primary Program and I was struck with a deep sense of gratitude for the gospel in my life. The sweet testimonies from such young kids was very powerful and the music was amazing. Songs have come a long way from when I was a kid. They are so full of doctrine and testimony. My favorite was "I Know that My Savior Loves Me". I am so grateful that my kids get to have the same principles taught at home reinforced at church. I am grateful for amazing primary teachers and leaders and to everyone who helps raise my kids.
A long time ago in a beautiful place, Children were gathered ’round Jesus. He blessed and taught as they felt of His love. Each saw the tears on His face. The love that He felt for His little ones I know He feels for me. I did not touch Him or sit on His knee, Yet, Jesus is real to me. I know He lives! I will follow faithfully. My heart I give to Him. I know that my Savior loves me.
Now I am here in a beautiful place, Learning the teachings of Jesus. Parents and teachers will help guide the way, Lighting my path ev’ry day. Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love, I feel His gentle touch. Living each day, I will follow His way, Home to my Father above.
Such a beautiful message. If we all could remember how much our Father in Heaven loves us we would all be so much happier.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is a neat experience :) I bet it was nice to be in a ward where kids & parents actually practice their parts!
I don't know that song....the kids here are singing songs we learned in Philly back when you were in the presidency. I thought everyone did the same songs every year, but maybe not??
I love that song. Gotta confess that I teared up a bit when my kids sang it loud and clear. Nice to know that even when I screw up they still know someone loves them. :) I miss you!
Post a Comment